7 Aug 2013

8 months - Really!

My oh my, how time flies.

I have been so busy, I have passed 7 exams for my AAT, made a couple of quilts, had fun at Guides and generally had a good time!

We go on holiday on Sunday, back to Cornwall a place we love. It will be very weird though, for the first time in 6 years Al, K and I are going away on our own.  Usually we go with Em and her family and Mum and Dad.  We will miss the others, especially at night when we all chill round the fire but it will be wonderful just the same.

I have been debating in my head what to write here today, so I thought I would regale you with a tale which is typical me, any of you who know me, know that I can be a bit, well clumsy....

So there we are, at the local tip getting rid of some junk from the shed.  I just went and chucked some metal in the large skip and I am walking back to the car, Al is over putting other stuff in the skips when I slip and fall onto my knee.  I look round for the offending banana skin, patch of oil, slippery substance that has obviously been left there by some uncaring person and what do I see?  A leaf!  A flipping leaf!  How stupid did I feel?  To top it all, I have a graze on my knee that my six year old would be proud of, and it really hurt too.  I will say I was a big brave girl and I didn't cry.  Alan however, thought it was the funniest thing ever and is still probably giggling now.  Poor me.....

Anyway, if you are going away.  Enjoy!!!




1 comment:

Richard said...

I hope your knee's getting better, well at least you where recycling at the tip and doing your bit, so a wound in the line of duty so to speak.